The 16 main islands sit amongst the archipelago of hundreds of islets and cay sprinkled over 100,000 square miles of ocean.
Nassau & Paradise Island
With the lure of a city and the ease of tropical utopia, Nassau & Paradise Island are considered by many as, well, paradise. Nassau, the capital of The Bahamas, is a bustling metropolitan hub full of culture and modern amenities with the major new resort development of Baha Mar on the famous stretch of white Cable Beach. To the north lies Paradise Island. Its name tells you everything. It’s 685 acres of pure euphoria, developed to delight. The island boasts resorts, hotels, restaurants, shops, nightlife, a golf course, a casino, and magnificent marine and water park.
• Beaches - The Bahamas is known for its abundance of beaches, too many to count, familiar to film audiences through films such as James Bond’s Thunderball and Casino Royale. The island chain is an ecological oasis, boasting healthy coral formations and the clearest water on the planet, perfect for a snorkelling or diving adventure.
it’s no wonder visitors come here from all around to sink their toes into miles of pure white, and in some places pink, sand—the very definition of paradise.
• Fort Charlotte – every Monday and Wednesday, the Royal Bahamas Defense Force (RBDF) Rangers perform military drills, play music, and fire the cannon (12:00 pm) in West India Regiment uniforms. Staff of the Antiquities, Museums, and Monuments Corporation (AMMC) dress in period costumes to show how people dressed back then and what life was like.
• The People-to-People programme – discover local hospitality by having afternoon tea at Government House, free to visitors including transfer from hotels.
• Get up close with the wildlife – the now famous Swimming Pigs can also be found on Rose Island, off Nassau, in The Abacos and at Spanish Wells, Eleuthera, as well as on Big Major Cay in The Exumas. Swim with turtles at Hooper’s Bay or see the almost prehistoric iguanas on Allan’s Cay.
• Take to the seas with Bahamas Ferries – the most popular day-long excursion is to Eleuthera & Harbour Island, to wander on the famous pink sand beaches. And experience the charms and slower pace of life in the Out Islands, and there are so many more to discover.
We'll call you back with our best prices guaranteed.